Monday, March 1, 2010

When the Sun Goes Down, It Gets Dark

Friday, 02/26 Stats
Distance: 2.09 mi.
Time: 30:53 min.
Temp: mid-30's
Time of Day: 6 p.m.

My schedule got mixed up on Friday and I ended up not able to run until after supper. Silly me. I figured that if the sun set at 6 p.m. I'd still have plenty of daylight to run 4 miles. Hmm. I forgot that when the sun goes down, it gets dark. And I didn't think to wear my headlamp. So there was I was running at dusk, getting darker by the minute with lots of evening rush hour cars turning into subdivisions and side streets. Not a great environment. So as I came up on mile 2 where I turnaround, I called The Love Of My Life to come pick me up. So while it was short run, it felt great. And, I'd rather be safe than injured or scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment