Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crawl in Bed and Pull the Covers Over My Head

Distance: 1.99 mi.
Time: 26:01 min.
Pace: 13:05/mile
Time of Day: 4 p.m.
Temp: 37°F, no wind chill according to weather.com, but there was some wind

Today was a struggle mentally. I totally blew off my strength training this morning in favor of doing absolutely nothing. I think maybe PMS is playing with my head. I talked to Coach Jeni twice and both times she strongly encouraged me to go run 2 miles. The physical exertion would release endorphins and help me feel better. It took until 4 p.m. for me to get out the door. Do I feel better? Not measurably, but I can build off the fact that I did indeed go run rather than continue to sit in my chair. Thank you so much, Jeni, for your support and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment