Friday, February 12, 2010

A Bad Dress Rehearsal Foretells A Fabulous Opening Performance

4.08 mi. in 55:00 min.
Temp: 25°F, 15°F WC
Time of Day: 7 a.m.

A bad dress rehearsal foretells a fabulous opening day performance. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

It was a struggle to run today. I didn't sleep well last night. I had trouble with my iPhone right off the bat. And it took over a mile to settle into any kind of rhythm. When I reached the 2.0 mile mark and turned around to head back home, the wind hit me in the face. It wasn't terrible, but it was just enough to make me cold. Another half mile before it wasn't blowing straight in my face. My hamstring tightened up for a while and I had to slow down a bit to work that out. So it was a struggle. But I made it! I didn't walk. Tomorrow's race will be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment