Saturday, February 6, 2010

Five Miles Down

5.07 mi. in 1:15:00.
Temp: 33°F, WC 23°F and wind from the north at 13 mph
Time of day: 8 a.m.

I ran 5 miles this morning! That is 5 miles! That is 1 mile more than 4. And I feel great! Next weekend's Frosty Five is definitely doable.

I was pretty excited about today's run even before I headed out. I was pumped up that I would get to add some distance to my runs. The-Love-of-My-Life was concerned about me running since it sleeted and snowed some overnight. But the roads were only wet and so I headed out early.

I started slowly, not wanting to get tired and not be able to finish. It worked. Although my pace was slower I ran strong and never felt like I needed to walk. I am so excited and happy about my run today I was grinning from ear to ear all day.

I received my new iPhone armband. It worked great and I believe it will be comfortable on bare skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment