Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Sad Day

Tuesday Stats
Distance: 3.88 mi.
Time: 51:24 min.
Pace: 13:15 min/mi
Time of day: 4 p.m.
Temperature: 75°F, warm, almost hot, clear, sunny

Tuesday was a sad day. When I arrived home after 2 important (aka stressful) sales calls I got the news my neighbor had died. Fred was a great guy. He was 69 and had been in declining health, but he was quite a guy. He loved for us to invite him over for BBQ on our patio. He especially loved The Love's smoked ribs. One evening as we sat around the patio Fred told the crowd that he was a big BeeGees fan. We all howled. Never, ever would anyone expect Fred to listen to the BeeGees. Mr. Rough Around The Edges. We all protested vehemently when he tried to tell us that the BeeGees sold more records than The Beatles and Elvis Presley. I still don't know if that is true or not, but we had a great time that night. We will miss him.

I changed into my running clothes and headed out for my scheduled 5 miles. I carried water but it was pretty much gone before I hit 2 miles. This was my first time running in any kind of heat and I was surprised at how it affected me. I decided not to push it because I didn't want to set myself up for a migraine. (Bright sun sometimes is a trigger.) Because I had to juggle the rest of my week to accommodate an all-day sewing event on Saturday I plan to pick up the missed mileage Friday. So here is what I plan to do. Wednesday-rest day; Thursday-strength training; Friday-6 miles; Saturday-2 miles; Sunday-11 miles. Then back to my regularly scheduled training.

Sunday's run could be interesting…rain is in the forecast. It could be good practise for running the half-marathon in the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment