Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mixed Up Week

Monday was a bad day. After not sleeping well for 2 nights I was exhausted Monday morning. I laid down around 6 a.m. and slept till about 9 a.m. You'd think I would feel better, right? Wrong. I woke up in a cranky, crabby mood that lasted all day.

I had several things that just had to be done at work so I missed my strength training workout. As first I toyed with the idea of running to just feel better and skip the whole strength training workout. Then I thought I would be able to just flip-flop Monday's and Tuesday's workouts but unexpected car repairs shot my afternoon. By 4 o'clock I wanted to crawl back into bed and kick Monday down the road.

However, despite trouble getting to sleep last night, I woke up this morning feeling better and realized that Monday would be my rest day. Today I will run my scheduled 4 miles; Wednesday I will strength train, Thursday I will run 4 miles, and pick up the 2nd strength training workout on Friday. Saturday will find me back on schedule with a 10 mile run.

Sometimes Monday's just suck. But the workout week is not lost, just reaaranged. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment