Monday, March 29, 2010

Catching Up-Sunday

Distance: 1.52 miles
Tiime: 17:00 min.
Pace: 11:11 min/mi
Time of day: 7:00 p.m.
Temperature: 53°F, cool evening breeze

Today's plan got all mixed up. Because of my sewing event yesterday I had planned to run 11 miles today with Scott. But it was raining pretty hard all morning and up until about 3 p.m. Being the crazy person I am I would have gone ahead and run, but Scott felt that the trail would be slippery and possibly muddy in a couple of spots. He was concerned that if I hurt myself I wouldn't have time to heal before the half marathon. We agreed to postpone the run until Monday late afternoon.

Around 3 p.m. the rain quit, the sun came out and Scott was off doing something else. I guess I could have gone ahead and run…About 5:30 The Love told me he was going to go walk around the school track about 6:30 (after the Elite Eight games), did I want to run while he walked. Yes I did!

So we headed up to the school and I took off. Take a look at that pace. I was flying! Unfortunately I couldn't sustain it and when I received a text message from The Chef that she had won 2nd place in her Hot Foods Team regional competition I slowed to a walk so I could text her my congratulations. I walked a couple of laps with The Love and by then it was getting dark so we headed home.

I was really pleased that I ran the pace I did. Even though it wasn't for a very long distance I think that short, fast runs help your overall speed. At least that's what I've read.

I am a little bummed. Just got a message from Scott that he won't be able to run this afternoon. I can't postpone this LDR any longer so I will run solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment