Friday, March 5, 2010

MIA

I was MIA yesterday. No good reason. A lot of excuses but that's it. Time to move on.

I went to the gym this morning and did an abbreviated strength training workout since I missed yesterday's. I warmed up with a 3/4 mile run at an easy pace. Then did 1 set of 15 reps for each arm, back, shoulder, bicep & tricep exercise. I finished up with 60 crunches.

This afternoon with the warm sun shining down I will go out for my 4 mile run.

I have plans to run with DS tomorrow for 9 miles. We are going to run a new trail I discovered while researching trails on the internet yesterday. (I did do something running oriented.)

I was talking to The Love Of My Life this morning, telling him about the funk I find myself in right now. I think part of it is that I've not been sleeping good so I'm tired. I also admitted out loud for the first time that I am afraid of failing at race time. And I find I very easily could just throw in the towel and give up now. I know that in the long run I don't want to do that. I would be very disappointed in myself if I gave up now. Plus, I know I can do this. I just have to keep at it. The long runs are hard on me. No doubt about it. But as The Love Of My Life told me, the first time you run a new distance it is hard. But then it gets easier each time. Soon 7 miles will be as easy as 4 miles. I need to reach way down inside of myself and pull up some stick-to-it-iveness. I will not give up!

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up, you are SO CLOSE to your goal. Things will get easier! Funks are part of any type of training. The key is to recognize them, acknowledge it, then move on. It is your time to shine. You have the base to do these long distance runs. You CAN DO everything we've mapped out for you. Keep with it because your goal is within sight and the elation you feel when finishing a hard LDR will not even compare the elation you'll feel when finishing the half and kicking your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete