Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yep, That Would Be 7 Miles Under My Belt

Sunday's Stats
Distance: 7.02 mi.
Time: 1:35:09
Pace: 13:35/mi.
Temp: 40-ish. Absolutely beautiful!
Time of day: 11 a.m.

I'm behind in posting…hopefully I can catch up now.

I ran 7 miles Sunday with Coach Jeni. It was one of the hardest thing I've ever done, but also one of the best. I certainly wasn't very speedy, at times Jeni had to prompt me to "stop walking". And I completely let my mind psyche me out when, thinking there was only 1/2 mile left to go, I realized I had a full mile left. I was really tired and wiped out when we got home. It has taken me until today realize the good in what I accomplished Sunday. But I'm really happy about my effort Sunday.

This distance required me to run a much longer distance on the road where I run. In planning the run I was uncomfortable with one section because there is a busy intersection, but when we got to that stretch I realized there was a great sidewalk to run on for about 1/2 mile which took care of my safety concerns.

Speaking of safety, Jeni made me realize that even though I thought I was being careful at intersections where I cross traffic, I really need to be a) more aware of the cars because they don't see me as easily as I see them, and b) don't be in such a hurry to cross the street. It's o.k. to wait for the light to change in my favor.

After the run, Jeni suggested I get Scott to run with me this coming weekend for my 9 mile LSR. (I talked to him last night and he said, "Sure!") Also, I have a session with Coach Jeni coming up before I take on those 9 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment