Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All By Myself

Monday Stats (Official Clocked Stats)
Distance: 10.74 mi.
Time: 2:21:52
Pace: 13:12 min/mi
Time of day: 4:45 p.m.
Temperature: 51°F, clear, sunny, cool in the shade, slight breeze

My Runmeter app stopped clocking my run 1/4 mile before the finish line. My music had run out and I was trying to restart the iPod app. So I really did run the entire 11 miles on the training schedule. Yeah!!!

I ended up running the trail by myself. The Son had another engagement, and knowing I could not postpone the run one more day, I took off all by myself. Eleven miles is almost 2x the distance I have run by myself. The Coach ran 7 miles with me and The Son has run 9 miles and 10 miles with me. Now, as The Son pointed out this morning, I am a solo double digit runner. Very cool!

The run was made more pleasant with the use of Body Glide on some areas where I was chafing. I am still having a problem with my iPhone armband when I run without my jacket. It rubs and pinches and while the Body Glide did help, I still have a red welt on my arm this morning.

I am so excited that completed the 11 miles on my own. I think that way down deep I questioned if I could run long distances solo. I want to-I just wasn't sure I could do it. But I can and I'm really excited about that.

I was really sore and tired after the run. And I made a big mistake by not taking the time to stretch really good before I got in the car to drive home. (The Son is so good about stretching that I feel I let him down by not doing a good job yesterday.) But I took a hot bath and was in bed by 9 p.m. I'm still a little sore today in the hip area, but other than that I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment