Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm Workin' On It

Distance: 3.27 mi.
Time: 39:54 min.
Pace: 12:13/mile
Time of day: 7:15 a.m.
Temperature: 45°F, Cloudy & cool

I was able to get my run in this morning before the rain started. I continue to work on my breathing and keeping my arms from crossing in front of my body.

I am really having trouble with my breathing. I realize I am inhaling way too shallow, but when I try to breathe deeply, I seem to take too long and then I get completely out of breath and end up gasping for air. I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I'll keep on working on it.

I think I mentioned after last Saturday's LDR that Scott pointed out to me that instead of keeping my arms going forward when I run, I let them turn inward, crossing them across my body. He & I hit upon the word "pivot" to remind me to keep my arms pointed forward. So I have been very conscious this week of making sure I pivot my arms, keeping my elbows close to my sides, with my hands pointed directly forward. Again, I'm working on it.

On the fashion front…What else could I possibly say about running and fashion you ask? Well, The Love was out of town three days this week. This morning when I put on my jeans he groaned and said, "I wish I could send you to the store right now to buy a smaller pair of jeans." Nice compliment. Thank you, Darlin'. But he also reminded me of a couple of pair of jeans I had put away because they were too tight. I dug them out and one pair fits pretty darn awesome! I can fasten the second pair, but in reality, they are still too tight for my taste. So even though the number on the scale hasn't moved down all that much, running has definitely toned and tightened my body.

And one last item, Happy Birthday to my Favorite Youngest Daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment