Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Distance: 4.11 mi.
Time: 53:13 min.
Pace: 12:57/mi.
Temp: 34°F, 23F° WC
Time of Day: 6:30 a.m.

Today's run was hard. I'm not sure what was going on. I was never able to get my breath in any kind of rhythm. (This is something Coach Jeni strongly suggested I work on.) I was breathing too shallow, but I just wasn't able to get into a deep breath cadence. Also, my legs felt like lead. I actually considered walking at one point. But, I reached way down deep and pulled up some fortitude then started telling myself, "You can do it Duffy Moon."

Probably the best part of the run is how I managed the one hill I still have trouble with. Jeni reframed my thinking to positive statements: "I am strong. This hill is mine. I run strongly up the hill." I used these positive statements to get up the hill in good order today. Thanks so much, Coach Jeni!

No comments:

Post a Comment