Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday's Run

Saturday's Stats
3.8 mi. in 49:42 min. actual running time.
warm up & cool down is .36 mi in apprx. 5 min total.
Temp: 41°F, cloudy & overcast
Time of run: 1 p.m.

It was a cloudy, overcast day but still warm so I headed out to run around 1 p.m. I planned to run about 3.5-3.75 miles, actually closer to the 3.5 mi. But sometimes the best laid plans go awry.

The-Love-of-My-Life has expressed concern over my safety while running alone. So I tested a new iPhone app called SportIce. When activated this app flashes and has a "touch here in case of emergency" message. When you touch the bar, the phone will display emergency contact info, medications, & health info. It seems like a great idea. If you start music before activating the SportIce app, the music continues to play. And, if I start my Runmeter app (to track distance & time) it tracks my time. Unfortunately it didn't track my distance. So when I realized it wasn't tracking my distance I had to restart Runmeter. And, apparently I can't add in my head & run at the time same time because I ended up running 3.8 mi. instead of the 3.5 miles I had been aiming for. Today is a short run so no big deal.

Saturday's run was a 9 on the effort scale (1-10). But I feel a great sense of accomplishment that I didn't stop & walk at all even with the extra distance. I am registered for the Frosty Five race in February which is a 5 mi. run. I'm thinking I will be able to finish it running. Woo-hoo!

Also, it's official now. I am registered for the Go! St. Louis half-marathon in April. Thank you to my son for regestering me. It was his birthday present to me. So now I am committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment