Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Think I Can Do This!

2.9 mi. in 40 min. 0% incline
Temp: 12° F. sub-zero wind chills
Time of Run: 11:30 a.m.
5 min. warm-up, 30 min. run, 5 min. cool down

Do you see that? That 30 min. run notation. No more run/walks for me. I am now able to run 30 min. straight. I can hardly believe it. I didn't think I would ever be able to run for 30 min. straight again in my life. I am overwhelmed by what I did today.

When I first talked to Jeni about running a half-marathon there was a lot of bravado in my talk. "Oh sure, I can do this," I said. "I am up for the training. No problem." But I have to admit that there were times in the last 7 weeks that I thought I was crazy for trying this. Times when I ached and my legs hurt and I wondered if I was too old and run down and out of shape to even attempt this. I'm sure I will have days when I question myself in the future. But today I ran for 30 minutes straight!

BTW my 30 minute distance was 2.29 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment