Monday, January 11, 2010

Overheard at the Gym Early Saturday Morning

Mom:  I'm disappointed  I haven't lost weight.

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach:  Mom, I told you this isn't a weight loss program.

Mom (quickly):  I know. I know. But…

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach:  You shouldn't try to lose weight when you are training for a race. You need to build your strength and endurance.

Mom: I know you said that, but I thought that I would lose a couple of pounds now since all the Christmas cookies, fudge, and other goodies are gone.

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach:  Well, have you lost any weight at all?

Mom (proudly): Yes! I lost 5 lbs. right off the bat. And like I said, I thought with Christmas over I might lose a couple more.

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach: Well that's awesome that you lost that 5 lbs. But your running probably kept you from gaining weight over Christmas.

Mom (disappointedly): Yes, I guess you're right.

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach (a little impatiently): Mom, you are looking amazing! Can't you tell the difference?

Mom:  Yes, but I don't think other people looking at me in my street clothes can tell any difference.

Daughter aka Trainer/Coach (emphatically): Yes they can! And besides, if you can tell the difference, who cares about them? Like I said, you are looking amazing!


Have I ever mentioned how much I love my daughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment