Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Better Day

3.0 mi. in 37.53 min. at 3.5% incline.
Time of day: 9 a.m.
Temp: 22°F, WC 8°F and snow

Today's run was really good. Cold temps and 3" of fresh now kept me indoors on the treadmill. But it was a really good run. I felt strong and enjoyed the run.

The 3.5% incline was not my idea. The guy on the treadmill before me had it set there and I couldn't get it to go back to 0. I used to think I was pretty tech savvy, but this issue with the treadmill and the fact my iPod app continues to play only 3-5 seconds of each song on my playlist, makes me wonder. So I set my speed at 4.9 mph and figured if I tired out I would just slow down. Quite the contrary. I felt really good running and considered running farther than my scheduled 3 miles. But I decided it was better to stick to the training schedule and not over do the distance. I am, however, looking forward to this coming week so I can begin to do longer runs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment