Monday, January 11, 2010

The Party of the Season

Saturday's Stats: (LDR)
3.45 mi. in 49:00 min. on the treadmill at 4.5 mph for 3 mi.

Sunday's Stats: (short run)
2.52 mi. in 40:00 min. on the treadmill at 4.5 mph for 2 mi.

It was party time at my house this past weekend. My daughter/coach/trainer and grandchildren came to deliver a TV and celebrate my birthday. It was by far and away the best birthday celebration I have ever had in my entire life! Saturday night The-Love-of-My-Life and our 3 children, 2 SO's, and 4 grandchildren (my favorite son-in-law had to stay in Chicago for business) gathered together for a spaghetti & meatball dinner. Jeni cooked the entree and baked the cake, Michelle made a wonderful salad & poured the wine. Scott handled table duty. We had a blast! Thank you to everyone!

But back to running—I was blessed to have Jeni in town to not only run with me, but answer every little question I have about running whenever it just popped into my head. She helped my form by having me lower my shoulders/arms as I'm running. I'm surprised at how much better I feel by making that small adjustment. Apparently I was hunching my shoulders just a little.

She chastised me for not drinking enough water while I run. When I explained I'm careful about the water intake so I don't have to stop & go to the bathroom, she gave me this look like, "Are you serious?". And then she said, "Are you serious? You are just running. If you have to stop & go to the bathroom, well then, stop & go." Mmm, yeah. It is, afterall, just running. I'm not out to win any races. I am doing this for the pleasure it brings me. So, I have upped my water intake and, darn it, I'll just stop & go to the bathroom when I need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment