Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today Was Fabulous!

2.87 mi. in 37:09 min.

Today was one of those rare days when life is really, really good. DH & I were hitting on all the same cylinders. As we went about our business everything just kind of fell into place. Even lunch at the worst Mexican restaurant ever was fun because we both hated the food, hated over hearing what the guy in the next booth was talking about, hated the music. It was a fabulous day!

But back to running, I ran at the local middle school track today while DH walked. I am amazed again what a difference hills, even small inclines, make in my distance. I ran the 3/2 circuits, all 6 of them, and I rated my effort as an 8. Part of that was the cold, stiff wind I was up against on one part of the track.

I was talking to DH last night about my running experience so far and these are some of the things I told him. I amazed I have been doing this for 3-1/2 weeks already. I am amazed that I have stuck with it for that long. Also, when I first talked to DD1 about training for a 1/2 marathon and she talked about the first phase as working up to running for 30 minutes, I just couldn't see myself doing that. I was like, "oh sure, I can do that", but inside the thought of being able to run 30 minutes in one session was just unimaginable to me. But I can see it on the horizon. I figure that by Christmas I will run 30 minutes in one session! That thought takes my breath away.

One thing I have noticed since I started this journey is how much better I feel about myself. I am still very critical when I look in the mirror, but I am beginning to look at myself differently. This truly is a journey that will affect my whole being. So far I'm having a great time.!

No comments:

Post a Comment