Friday, December 4, 2009

The Bates Crud

Having spent the last day and a half on the couch and in bed with a terrible head cold and sore throat, I would like to thank my beautiful, dear grandchilren for sharing their illnesses with me. I am truly in awe that when they had this virus infection they were still able to get up and function. I literally spent the last day and a half sleeping or watching reruns on television in between naps. Do I even need to say that I didn't run yesterday or today?

I was hesitant to let DH know exactly how rotten I felt. He is very protective of me and I was afraid he would tell me to stay inside and not run for several days, maybe a week. When he returned from his business trip last night and saw for himself how I felt and looked, he responded, "I see why you didn't run today and understand why you aren't going to run tomorrow morning, but you better not take too much time off. You don't want to lose momentum or progress." I loved hearing those words from him! Thank you, Darlin', for your support.

So tomorrow morning I will be back out training again. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, doing that! I've been a week of yuck and am just now, 7 days later, starting to feel like maybe running again.

    ReplyDelete