Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

2.72 mi. in 40:05 min. 1% incline
Time of day: 10:30 a.m.
Temp: 29° F. No wind chill, but snowing
Circuits: 4/1, 10/1, 5/1, 5/1, 4/1

Snow today moved me indoors to the treadmill. (Geez, I hate how much I sweat when I run indoors!) I had a good run, lengthening the run time in my circuits a bit. I didn't run faster than 4.5 mph and slowed to 4.4 mph on the last circuit. I am doing really well on the aerobic aspect of my running. I am not as winded when the run time is up and I recover quickly. But my legs get so tired. At the end of the 10 min. run today, my calves were really feeling it. It has been a long time since these bones & muscles were exercised this much and I really believe it is just a matter of conditioning.

I have set a personal goal to run my first 30 consecutive minutes on Friday, Jan. 1. What a way to start the new year!

1 comment: