Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tip Toe Through the Tulips!

Wednesday: 2.43 mi. in 32:34 min.
Thursday: 2.46 mi. in 32:05 min.

In all the Christmas preparations I forgot to blog about my run yesterday. So quickly, I took advantage of a break in the rain and went up to the middle school track and ran. I'm still doing circuits of 3 min. jog & 2 min. walk.

Today it was still raining, but again there was a break and DH & I went to the track so he could walk and I could run. He did awesome! He walked 7 laps in about 26 minutes. Good job, Darlin!

As for me, I've been mulling over DD1's comments a few weeks ago about running on toes. (She was telling me about she suggested to her brother (DS) that he change his form and learn to put his heel down first and not run on his toes.) I thought yesterday that I noticed that I did not hit the ground with my heel, but rather the ball of my foot. Hmmm. So today I made a special effort to put my heel down first, then push off with my toes. Oh my gosh! I immediately felt so much better running. My right knee didn't feel like it was being jarred and my feet didn't hurt so much. Who knew?

So now I have to pay attention to my feet and to my breathing. I am looking forward to the day when I can just run and not have to think about it so much.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment