Sunday, December 13, 2009

Do You Remember the Crayola Color Red Violet?

2.65 mi. in 34.35 min.

A little slower today. Must be that broken toe. Saturday night I walked into my guest room to put something away. I was barefoot. It was late. I stubbed my toe on the chair. It hurt like the dickens. But really, how bad can a stubbed toe be? It was after all just a small chair. A couple of times during the night I bumped my toe in bed and it hurt enough to rouse me. But I was shocked this morning to see my middle toe was swollen and obviously injured. It was red-violet. You remember, the reddish-purple Crayola crayon from years ago before Crayola changed all the names? And what's really funny is that the discoloration is a perfect ring around my toe about 3/4" wide. It looks like a really big toe ring!

But did that stop me from running? No way. It really didn't bother me at all so I don't know why my time was a little slower than yesterday. However, I did have trouble doing Downward Facing Dog in my little yoga routine. Something about the way I hold my foot caused a lot of pain in the toe.

(On a side note, DH has started doing the little yoga routine with me. I'm so happy. He has never been very limber. I believe that some of his stiffness is hereditary; both his mom & uncle were stiff. But I think these yoga moves will help him.)

Here is my schedule for this week. It is a bit up in the air due to the weather forecast.

Monday: Run at 4 p.m. on the school track.
Tuesday: Run outside at 5:30 a.m.
Wednesday & Friday run at 5:30 a.m. either outside or on the treadmill at the gym depending on weather.
Thursday is a rest day.

Tuesday I will start integrating a jog 4 min/walk 1 min circuit into my running time.

No comments:

Post a Comment