Friday, December 18, 2009

Slow & Steady Wins the Race

Thursday: 2.51 mi. in 36:36 min.
Friday: 2.56 mi. in 36:52 min.

DD1 reminded me that right now my goal is to train consistently, building my endurance slowly. So I think I am doing o.k. with the consistency but I admit to allowing grand thoughts of excellence into my head. My experience Monday of over doing it really stopped me in my tracks and I have backed off those grand thoughts.

I ran Thursday early afternoon due to some scheduling issues and turned around and ran again this morning. I want to get back to running in the morning for a couple of reasons. 1) Consistency. Only rarely does an early morning run time cause a real schedule conflict for me. 2) I feel better all day. 3) The run is finished and I can move on to other tasks. When I wait till later in the day to run, I find myself doing mostly inconsequential stuff to pass the time until I do run.

No comments:

Post a Comment