Friday, December 11, 2009

Outside vs. Treadmill

2.31 mi. in 34:19 min.

It's Friday. Business is always slow on Friday afternoon, especially this close to the Christmas holiday. So I decided to wait until lunchtime to run in hopes it would be warm enough to run outside. Yeah! It was! It felt so good to be outside.

I had been beating myself up for not running yesterday. (Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to a cold house and no electricity just started the day off bad and it went downhill from there.) But when I was logging today's run I realized that I had already run 5 days in a row so it would be o.k. to count yesterday as a rest day. I feel so much better.

I had no trouble upping my intensity to the 3/2 level today. The only problem was my legs got so tired. Seriously. About 10 min. into the run my lower calfs were so tired I didn't think I was going to be able to continue. But continue I did. They got a little better, but I was really glad to get home and just sit down. Weird I know.

I used to see people running in cold weather and think how crazy they were. But I get it now. It feels great to be out in the cold, in the sunshine, running. It clears my head. And I feel so much more energetic. I like it so much better than running on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment