Saturday, April 24, 2010

Long Slow Runs, Again

Distance: 4.88 mi. (The mile markers on the trail said a full 5 mi.)
Time: 1:00:42
Pace: 12:27 min./mi.
Time of day: 8:05 a.m.
Temperature: 65°F. Cool, overcast, damp. It rained most of the night.

Today was my first long run post-race. I did pretty well overall, I think. But it took until mile 3 before I felt like I had settled in. The first 1.5-1.75 miles my feet and legs felt like concrete. And there were a few kinks to run out. But my time was good and I don't feel like I was really pushing on the pace.

I listened to music today for 2 reasons: 1) It helped pass the time. 2) I wanted to test my new breathing skills and running form without completely focusing on them. Let me just say, both need continued intense focus on my shorter runs.

The weather today was a first for me. Even though it was cloudy and overcast it was very damp and the humidity was up. Translated that means I sweat like a pig on today's run. But I am very glad I ran early because it has rained pretty steady since late morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment