Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another Goal Reached

Sunday's Run
Distance: 2.45 mi.
Time: 29:02 min.
Pace: 11:51 min./mi.
Time of day: 10:30 a.m.
Temperature: 60ish. Cloudy, overcast, damp

I ran the fitness trail in my neighborhood. I mean I ran the fitness trail. I have walked this trail many a time over the last 10 or so years and frequently have wished I could run this trail. Since I started running I have run parts of this trail a couple of times, never making it the full distance. Why couldn't I run this 2.45 mile course? Well, being a fitness trail it has its ups and downs, and one really big up. Back in February, I think, The Son and I were on this course one Sunday, in the slushy stuff. I almost made it around that time, but I did have to walk a short distance. But this time I was successful!

I did the run sans music, focusing on breathing and form. Both breating and form require concentration or I fall back into old habits. I'm hoping that continued focus and practise will make the correct breathing routine and running form a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment