Monday, April 12, 2010

The Day Before: Packet Pick Up

I'm not sure what I was expecting at packet pick-up, but it wasn't anything like I thought it would be. I guess I thought there would be lots more people. I didn't expect the expo atmosphere with vendors and booths and stuff for sale.

A very clever set up though. You picked up your bib, then had to go through the expo vendors to get your packet of info, then back through the vendors, upstairs, and through some more vendors to pick up your duffel bag. Obviously some one with marketing experience laid this puppy out.
See the cool "free" duffel bag!

There was a booth from YurBuds. I have seen and heard about these earbud covers that actually fit your ears and reduce pain from wearing earbuds. I was fitted and The Son generously purchased them for me.

I think for the Go! St. Louis organization to call this a health festival is a bit of a stretch, but whatever. It was kinda cool. There were free samples of "fitness" drinks (Yuk!) and free samples of energy gels (Did not partake since it's my first race and I'm sticking to products I've tried.), free samples of some cereal and snacks (Which I did take and try and they are pretty good.).

Because I am such a girl and also a mental runner I purchased a charm for my charm bracelet. It is a silver foot with 13.1 engraved on it. I also purchased a magnet that says,

Courage to start,
Strength to endure,
Resolve to finish.

I like that sentiment and I'm going to use it as my mantra for training.

So that was it for packet pickup. The best part was spending time with Coach Jeni & The Son. We had a great time together. Especially when we stopped at Target because it had a Starbucks in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment