Monday, November 30, 2009

Knocked Down, But Not Out

2.52 mi. in 37:04 min. (distance is approximate)

I woke up at 3:19 a.m. this morning with a migraine. I hate that I get migraines! Especially when I can't relate it to any specific cause. I nodded off & on until 5 a.m. I got up dressed for running and took some migraine medicine. My intention was to give the medicine 30 minutes to work and then run. The best laid plans sometimes go awry.

But I was determined to run today so at 3:30 DH & I drove to the local school track. He walked while I ran. I did 6 circuits at 2 min. jog/3 min. rest pace, with 1 warm up lap and 1 cool-down lap. This is a small track, 4-4/5 laps = 1 mi. I started my new running app, then started the app that times the circuits and was off. Unfortunately I will need to check to make sure the running app continues to run after starting the interval app because the running app didn't calculate my distance correctly. So I estimated my distance for today.

The run was great for me in big picture. I feel much better now than I did before I ran. But my calves/shins/lower legs-whatever they are called-really worked hard. They were so tired that at one point I didn't think I could continue. I pushed on and they got a little better. They don't feel sore now. I wonder how they will be tomorrow. I have an early morning appointment tomorrow so I will run in the afternoon again.

I'm proud of myself that I didn't give up and not run today due to the migraine. And I'm proud that even though my legs were really tired, I didn't quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment