Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Feel The Earth Shake Under My Feet

Did you feel the earth shake Tuesday morning around 5:30 a.m.? That would have been me starting my first day of training for the 1/2 marathon in April. In spite of drizzle and 45° F. weather, I donned a jacket and walked/jogged for about 25 minutes.

Traumatic events early in my life have affected my logical thinking. Nothing else can explain why a 53 year-old, over weight, sedentary woman would attempt such a thing. I've never been a runner. Heck, I've never even worked out consistently. I do have a gym membership, though. So what possessed me to undertake such a thing? A lot of reasons have gone into my decision. And I'll talk about them as I train over the next 6 months. But for now, it's enough that I have taken the first step toward my goal.

And, BTW, I took the second step by getting up this morning, donning the jacket and heading out for walk/jog for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

    Keep up the great start.

    ReplyDelete