Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Sunday, July 11
Distance: 2.15 mi.
Time: 26:16 min.
Pace: 12:13 m/mi.
Time of Day: 7:45 am
Weather: Hot, Humid


I ran on the school track while The Love walked. It was hot. It was humid. I was sweaty. 


Near the end of my run a mini-van pulled into the parking lot and out tumbled a dad with his 3 sons. The boys were young, maybe 5-8. They headed to the ball diamond and "played" ball. 


It was Miles', the youngest, birthday. And because of that he got to bat first. It was so cute. After a couple of strikes he did hit the ball--right back to Dad who was pitching. But being a great dad, he let the ball bounce so Miles could run. "Run Miles. Run!", was the chant from the other 2 brothers. Miles, of course, scored a home run! 


As I stretched I watched the game. The Love and I cheered when the boys each got a hit. It was a great moment. I was so happy that I was runner. If I hadn't started running I would have missed this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment