Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Don't Want To Run But I Will

Distance: 3.98 mi.
Time: 51:02 min.
Pace: 12:49 m/mi.
Time of Day: 6:15 a.m.
Weather: 76°F humid and cloudy


It was overcast this morning, but humid. A breeze from the south helped cool me all the way back. 


When my alarm went off this morning I was still so tired I slept an extra 30 min. At 6 a.m. when I usually go run, I was still feeling tired so The Love said, "Well, go lay back down," and promptly left for his morning walk. I thought about it for a few minutes and decided to nap on the couch. That lasted about 5 minutes before the guilt set in. I finally realized that I would feel better if I just went ahead and ran. So I did and yes, I did feel so much better afterwards. 


I think my shoes are beginning to wear out. I have logged 347.88 miles on them. Can you believe it? I can't. And they are not even 6 months old yet. (OK in 4 days they will be 6 months old.) Anyway, back to the wearing out issue. My big toe on the right foot is kind of sore and I can't think of any reason except worn out shoes as the cause. Plus, I'm down to literally the last layer of sole on my left heel. (There are 4 layers of rubber.) I wonder if my sore left leg has anything to do with the weird wearing pattern of my left shoe. I will have shoe money in  a couple of weeks. I'm excited to be purchasing my 2nd pair of running shoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment