Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Changing Shoes

Tuesday, July 13
Distance: 3.04 mi.
Time: 37:36 min.
Pace: 12:22 m/mi.
Time of Day: 6:20 a.m.
Weather: 75°F, even more humid (Can it get any more humid?)


By the time I closed the front door behind me on my way out, I was drenched. But off I went and despite the sweat dripping from nose and running down my face I had a great run. (Yes, I had a sweat headband on.) I felt strong. My legs felt strong. The breathing was working well. 


I attribute the feeling better to changing my shoes. Sunday I ran in my New Balance shoes and felt better physically so I have decided to do my short runs in the NB shoe. Since this is a step back week I will be running in the NB shoes all this week and into next week. I will be out of town Monday-Thursday next week. I'm hoping to get to Fleet Feet on Friday, 07/23. Saturday, the 24th, I have a 6 mile run on the schedule and I probably will run in my NB shoes for that. Then start breaking in the new shoes the following week. 


The bottom line seems to be that I have retired my first pair of running-specific shoes. A Moment of Silence please.

No comments:

Post a Comment