Friday, April 15, 2011

Hi, I'm Kelly.

My first session with a personal trainer is over. It was so much more than I dreamed it could be. Kelly is easy to talk to, but I can tell she won't hesitate to push me.

It was quite an hour this morning at 7 a.m. I was sweating profusely when we finished up. We didn't do anything really, really tough. I didn't spend 60 minutes doing crunches. Instead, Kelly showed me how to "engage" my core while doing all my other exercises. She complimented me on good form and said I was stronger than she was expecting. Nice to hear. My big weakness (aside from the soft, fluffy abs) is balance. Yes, it needs a lot of help. The good news is that you can see improvements in balance pretty quickly.

Kelly offered a serious workout, but I don't think I'll be sore tomorrow. Well, ok, maybe a little. She's good about explaining the whys and hows of each exercise. So I'm excited about my next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment