Monday, April 18, 2011

2011 Dash for Diabetes 5k

Saturday, April 16

Distance: 3.13 miles
Time: 37:50 min.
Pace: 12:05 m/mi
Time of day: 9 a.m.
Weather: 40°F, overcast, drizzly, chilly

I set a goal recently to run one race every month. The half-marathon will be in October so I've scheduled 5k's and, hopefully, a couple 10k's over the next few months. Today's Dash for Diabetes was the first.

There was a really small turnout for the race, maybe 100 runners. Having never done this race before I don't know if this was typical or if some people skipped the race due to the weather.

The course was 2x around the perimeter of The Arch grounds. Thank goodness we ran down the one big hill. I'm not ready for any steep hills.

I had a great run and it's a great cause. Many thanks to the other runner who sprinted with me to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment