Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweat? What Sweat?

Distance: 3.24 mi.
Time: 39:53 min.
Pace: 12:19 min/mi.
Time of day: 6:15 a.m.
Weather: 61°F, lower humidity, slight breeze


It was so awesome to get out and run this morning! The cooler temps, lower humidity, and a slight breeze made it delightful. I was a little concerned that this second morning out, after 10 days off, would be tough. But, it felt great! 


I have mixed feelings about not running the last 10 days. It was very hot and humid-hence the Excessive Heat Warnings issued by the weather service. My philosophy is that I run to feel good, not kill myself. And the reality of the situation was that running in the recent hot weather was dangerous. But, I have this little part of me that never wants to give up or give in. Sometimes that gets me into trouble. However, I think I am getting better at balancing both aspects of my personality. At least I am working on getting better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment