Monday, August 23, 2010

Restart

Distance: 2.21 mi.
Time: 25:55 min.
Pace: 11:45 (m/mi.)
Time of day: 6 a.m.
Weather: 65°F, less humidity, nice breeze--a great morning to run!


I printed off the original running plan from January of this year. In the first 3 weeks I run a maximum distance of 3 miles. That sounds so good to me. I'm not sure why, but I need the security of a written plan telling me it's o.k. to only run 3 miles. I let out a big sigh of relief as I put the schedule on the fridge. 


I also decided to not run the Lewis & Clark half marathon in October. I heard about a 5k run on 09/26 that benefits ovarian cancer and I'm going to participate in that. I have long had a small nagging voice inside urging me to be involved in ovarian cancer efforts. I have a direct connection to the disease; my mother died of it about 25 years ago. I will be running a more manageable distance plus helping out a worthy cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment