Monday, August 30, 2010

Personal PR

Distance: 2:03 mi.
Time: 26:38 min.
Pace: 12:08 (m/mi)
Time of day: 6:19 a.m.
Weather: 71°F, humid, overcast

So this is a little thing, but I need all the kudos I can get right now. 

My running app is set to announce time, distance & pace every 10 min. I have been trying all summer to break .8 mi. in the first 10 minutes and just haven't done it. Until today that is!!! I made .82 mi. in my first 10 minutes. Woo-hoo for me!!

I also ran this morning when I didn't really feel like it. I was hot all night and woke with a minor headache. It would have been really easy to just sit at the kitchen table, drinking coffee and avoid the effort and the sweat of running. I also would have missed that PR (above) and the great feeling it gave me. And, at the end of my run my headache was gone and I was feeling much better. Yeah me!

2 comments: