Monday, September 12, 2011

Amazing Run!

Time: 1:54:21
Distance: 10 mi.
Pace: 11:25 m/mi
Time of Day: 2 p.m.
Weather: 76°F. Sunshiny, slight breeze

Did you see the pace? 11:25 m/mi. Did you see that? Isn't that awesome!!!!!!! I have no clue where it came from, but I had an amazing run!

This past weekend I was in Chicago visiting The Coach (and grandkids). Saturday afternoon after soccer we headed out for my long run. I was apprehensive about the distance. I hadn't run 10 miles in a really long time. I left the headphones at home and told The Coach she would have to entertain me. The cool thing about running with her is that because she is in much better shape than me, she can talk while we run and I just listen and make an occasional comment. Cool! Thank you, Coach!!!

She led me down this trail, past a carnival tearing down, several parks, beside the train tracks and then back the same way. It was so awesome! The Coach kept offering to slow down but I just got in this groove and kept going. I'm sure it helped that the entire distance was flat as a pancake, but still…I had an amazing run!

I am really psyched now. I am really looking forward to the 1/2 marathon in October.

I didn't realize I hadn't posted my runs last week. I have run since 9/1. None of them were as a amazing as this run, but here's a brief recap.

9/8: 5.08 miles in 1:02:01. JB Trail with lots of hills.
9/6: 3.12 miles in 37:00 on Telegraph Rd.
9/4: 7.93 miles in 1:40:49 on Grants Farm Trail
9/3: 3.05 miles in 36:39 on Telegraph Rd.

I've also been working out at the gym with my personal trainer. I believe I can safely say all that work is really paying off in my running. Thank you Kelly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment