Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Fabulous Run!

Time: 1:29:44
Distance: 7.0 mi.
Pace: 12:49 m/mi
Time of Day: 6:57 a.m.
Weather: 65°F.

Today's run was awesome! The weather was great. Oh how I love even slightly cooler weather. I am just not a hot weather runner. But today, the temperature was in the 60's, the sky was bright blue, a light wind. Absolutely perfect conditions for a run. And run I did. I was scheduled for 6 miles but I felt great and decided to try a variation on my neighborhood 6-mile route. I didn't realize that little detour would add an extra mile to the route. But it was a great variation and I ran the complete route. I don't ever remember running longer than I was scheduled to. This was an accomplishment in a couple of ways.

First, I can physically run more distance than I thought I could. Second, I can run longer & further than I thought I could. I am a very emotional (Is that the right way to say it?) runner. The Coach frequently reminds me to "get out of my head and just run". So to run farther than the training schedule says is a big deal for me. I have to remember how great today's run felt and use it as a springboard for better running.

No comments:

Post a Comment