Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday Weekend Recep

Monday, Labor Day
Distance: 1.57 miles
Time: 19:54 min.
Pace: 12:41 m/mi.
Time of day: 8:30 a.m.
Weather: 65°F, sunny, warm, breezy


I had a weird morning and all before 8:30 a.m. I didn't sleep well, maybe 3 hours max. I had to get up early to go donate platelets at my local Red Cross at 7:30 a.m. Yep, that's right. Seven-thirty a.m. on a holiday! I am a regular blood donor but this would have been my 1st time to donate platelets; not that I hadn't tried before. I used to be anemic and get deferred. I've corrected that issue and I was pretty excited that the Red Cross had called me yet again to donate platelets. Unfortunately, the Red Cross scheduling office made an error and, "Oops, I'm sorry. We don't need your platelets at this time. But we appreciate you coming out so here's a coffee mug." What?? I was back home by 8 a.m. and desperately needing a run to help my mood. 


I hit the road sans music, off to just enjoy the run and soak up the sunshine. For once I didn't care about my pace or how many miles I needed to log. I just ran. It would have been totally awesome if I had remembered to pee before I hit the trail!


Sunday - rest

No comments:

Post a Comment